Get started with Video Game Development using Unity today! This industry-endorsed toolkit is used by students, academics, and professionals all across the world.
Course Length: 2 Days of Learning
Delivery Format: Remote Classrooms — Live tutoring in small groups of up to eight.
Suitable For: Ages 12 – 17
Pre-Requisites: No prior experience required!
System Requirements: Windows system required — Check out Unity’s system requirements here
Day Structure: 4 x 45-minute sessions, with regularly spaced morning, lunch, and afternoon breaks between them.
This course introduces students to Fire Tech’s Video Game Development workshop series using Unity. This industry-endorsed toolkit is used by students, academics, and professionals all across the world.
In this introductory course, you will be introduced to the Unity platform and taught the fundamental concepts of programming and design used through the development process. This involves a comprehensive guide to navigating Unity, an introduction to programming in C#, and a beginners guide to good design principles.
With a heavy focus on the transferable skills applied, our workshops open avenues to careers in software design, game development, and computer science. The application of Unity is not only limited to Game Design, but heavily involved in research, mining, and engineering fields as well.
All of this, of course, is wrapped up within the ultimate context of developing an awesome game.
- Our specialist curriculum is tailored for remote delivery through Microsoft Teams for Classrooms.
- Students will be provided with their very own unique Fire Tech Australia Account that lets them share notes, access take-home activities, and liaise with our friendly tutors via a moderated classroom chat.
- All online environments at Fire Tech are carefully moderated to ensure a safe learning environment for all participants.
What students will learn
You're not just making a game, you're:
- Gaining a comprehensive understanding of Unity's professional toolkit.
- Embarking on a guided approach to the fundamentals of programming.
- Learning what governs good design principles and their applications.
- Designing, creating, and importing artistic and creative assets for use within Unity.
- Having a fantastic time doing it!
Students will need to download Unity at home in order to begin their learning journey for this workshop.
What will students take home
- A Fire Tech Certificate
- Cheat Sheets and Resources
- Fire Tech assets and materials
- Your finished Unity project
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 12 and 17 at start of course
- Must bring own laptop (or rent one from us)
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.