Turn your enthusiasm for gaming into real-world tech skills! This course will provide you with the tools to create your own video games to play on the web or your smartphone.
Course Length: 5 Days Bootcamp
Delivery format: Remote Learning- teaching in small groups (max 8)
Suitable for: Age 9 – 12
Pre-requisites: No prior experience required
System Requirements: Windows/Mac system required
Day Structure: 4 x 45 Minute Sessions, with 15 Minute Breaks & 45 Minutes for Lunch
Put your gaming experience and imagination into action, ending up with an original creation that you can take home, play and show to family and friends. This is a class for all abilities and ages.
The fundamentals covered in Video Game Design are a great first step into the world of coding. Students are introduced to object-oriented programming, and a behaviour-based logic system – applying behaviours and attributions, testing, debugging and fine-tuning products – that comprises a core component of computer science and is familiar to any programmer.
Our small group sizes with close guidance from tutors mean that students can move at the pace that best suits them while developing their games.
This is a rich course and one of our most popular, and many kids take it more than once to take their skills even further.
What students will learn
- Telling A Story: storyboarding and structuring your game
- Platform Basics: using the Construct 3 environment
- Graphics: graphic design and animation basics for your characters
- Control: applying behaviours and attributes to characters
- Testing: testing, de-bugging, perfecting your program
- That's a Wrap! Take your game home, access anywhere
What will students take home
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 9 and 12 at start of course
- Must bring own laptop (or rent one from us)
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.