Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the hottest topic in tech. Learners will build AI models to control autonomous vehicles and smart homes, and try to predict a movie’s success based on its poster. The ideal course to inspire further learning in AI
Course Length: 5 Days Bootcamp
Delivery format: Remote Learning- teaching in small groups (max 8)
Suitable for: Age 13 – 17
Pre-requisites: No prior experience required
System Requirements: Windows/Mac system required
Day Structure: 4 x 45 Minute Sessions, with 15 Minute Breaks & 45 Minutes for Lunch
Led by our tech-loving instructors, you’ll create a home of the future using Artificial Intelligence (A.I.), program an autonomous vehicle to avoid pedestrians and objects on the road, and use IBM Watson to build a series of AI models that can recognize a celebrity Twitter account based on their tweets. The possibilities are endless.
This course does more than teach the fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence (A.I.). It also explores issues of computer bias, ethics and the moral dilemmas programmers face when using A.I. This is the ideal course to spark interest in this important and dynamic technological field, and will inspire students to continue their learning journey in Artificial Intelligence (A.I.).
A.I. is becoming an integral part of our lives, evolving and developing faster than we think. It’s being used in medicine to spot cancer cells, courtrooms to help determine the risk of criminals reoffending, as well as in art to create new art from analyzing music from composers like Brahms. PwC estimates A.I. deployment will add $15.7 trillion to global GDP by 2030. Interested? We thought so!
What students will learn
- Confidence in writing and creating Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) models.
- The fundamentals of Machine Learning and what confidence means in an Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) model.
- How to create an Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) that will tell you how good a film might be based upon its poster.
- Tools for creating and incorporating Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) into applications such as MIT APP inventor and Python.
- To incorporate Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) and Machine Learning into an app.
- About the functions Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) can perform really well and how they are being used in the world already.
- How to use algorithms and functions as well as how to test and debug Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) and Machine Learning models.
- To use text based Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) to identify celebrities by their tweets.
What will students take home
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 12 and 17 at start of course
- Must bring own laptop (or rent one from us)
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.