This 1 day workshop will take your kids from zero to coding HERO
Course Format: 1 Day Course
Delivery format: Remote Learning – Live Teaching in small groups (max 8)
Suitable for: Age 6 – 9
Pre-requisites: No prior experience required
System Requirements: Windows or Mac System required
Day Structure: 4 x 45 Minute Sessions, with 15 Minute Breaks & 45 Minutes for Lunch
A comprehensive introduction to the amazing world of coding, this fun school holiday workshop takes you on an exploration of how code is used in robotics, animations and video games.
The perfect starter course, it gives students a solid understanding of coding and is a great taster for them to then decide what areas they would like to explore further.
- Online Courses are delivered by a live video online classroom environment.
- Students will be able to share notes, access take home activities and liaise with the tutor via online chat.
- All our online classroom environments have strict security and are moderated live to ensure a safe learning environment for your child.
- System requirements apply – check out our guide here
What students will learn
This course covers content including:
Starting with basic coding principles, students explore robotics using Ozobot, the line-following programmable robot.
Students learn how to code and program the robots online to dance and move to complete a series of fun challenges.
We then introduces students to coding animations. Students learn to create their own moving GIFs and progress to stop-motion animation.
Finally, students discover how to code and develop their own basic video game. Students brainstorm story lines and character development before coding their very own game.
What will students take home
- A copy of any cheat sheets or references
- A Fantastic Tech Coding Experiece
- A Fire Tech Certificate
- Access to recorded sessions
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 6 and 9 at start of course
- Must bring own laptop (or rent one from us)
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.