Art meets tech! Learn how to stage and shoot images using the latest Canon DSLRs (digital cameras) and professionally edit using photo editing software.
Digital Photography (Tweens)
Fire up your creativity and get snapping with Fire Tech’s Digital Photography for Tweens workshop! Learn how to stage, shoot and edit digital photos.
With an option of a one of two full day course, this workshop is designed for both DSLR beginners and semi-experienced digital photography creatives looking to build strong foundations and under-stand the science of capturing light and conveying emotion.
During the one day course, students will learn the key features and functions of a modern DSLR (digital) camera, and play with composition, light, depth of field, focus, image stabilisation and flash control (plus more!).
Learn how to set up, shoot and edit great images in a variety of situations. From close-up macro shots, to capturing light in dark scenes to landscapes and action shots.
Students who attend the two day course also learn how to enhance their images and add special effects via photo editing software. Discover how to optimise the quality of your images so you can export them for print, ready to hang on your wall!
This digital photography workshop is the perfect base for aspiring young photographers ready to unleash their creativity. It equips students with the basic knowledge and functionality so they can continue to hone their photography skills into the future.
Suitable for ages 9 – 12yrs Duration: 1 and 2 day workshop All Equipment Provided: Our DSLR cameras are all proudly provided by technology partners Canon Australia and Camera Electronic. Alternatively, you are welcome to bring your own camera from home – Message Us.
What students will learn
This workshop cover content including:
- Basic DSLR functionality and settings: how your camera works, its capabilities and limitations
- Learn all about exposure and how to control it in various ways
- How to solve common problems and shoot in difficult situations
- Turn a nice shot into a great shot with colour, composition and good lighting design
- How to use photo editing software to create filters and special effects post-shoot
Day 1: Focuses on shooting technique and covers topics including depth of field, aperture, shutter speed, exposure and ISO in a variety of projects and situations.
Day 2: Starts with a recap of ideas then covers artificial lighting, download and storage of photos and an afternoon of creative editing tips and tricks in photo editing software.
Please note: Students are welcome to bring in their own props to photograph, eg. books, statues, toys, memorabilia, flowers etc. However, Firetech can take no responsibility for personal items being lost, stolen or damaged. Items must be clearly labelled with child's name.
Looking for more fantastic school holiday activities to keep creative minds busy?
Join our Animation for Tweens workshop or view other courses for age 9 - 12.
What will students take home
- A copy of any cheat sheets or references
- A copy of their images
- A fantastic creative-tech experience
- A Firetech Certificate
- Brand new photo skills and knowledge
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 9 and 12 at start of course
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.