Design, compose and remix music tracks using digital music software and MIDI keyboards.
Course Length: 2 Day Course
Delivery format: In person teaching in small groups (max 8)
Suitable for: Age 9 – 12
Pre-requisites: No prior experience required
System Requirements: All equipment provided.
Day Structure: 4 x 45 Minute Sessions, with 15 Minute Breaks & 45 Minutes for Lunch
Unleash your inner music producer with Fire Tech’s Digital Music Holiday Workshop.
Whether you are a budding composer or complete novice, this workshop takes all students through a wide variety of technical skills and music theory. Equip your creativity with the tools to create fantastic music and explore a variety of music genres to spark your curiosity and passion.
While previous music experience can enhance your creations, you can take advantage of our pre-made libraries of loops and beats, which means that no prior musical experience is necessary.
This holiday workshop provides a relaxed and fun environment for young people to explore trending music software, utilise digital keyboards and kick-start their creative journeys.
What students will learn
This workshop covers content including:
- Basic digital music theory and terminology
- Analogue vs Digital: The evolution of musical composition
- Helpful techniques and activities to create your own original pieces of music
- Using themes, moods and creativity to build clever structures
- How to export and publish musical creations in the most suitable digital formats
Please bring a backup USB to take your music home on.
You are also more than welcome to bring your own headphones if you have a brand or make you prefer.
What will students take home
- A Fire Tech Certificate
- Any cheat sheets or handouts
- New Skills and Knowledge
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 9 and 12 at start of course
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.