This 3-day workshop will take your kids from zero to coding HERO
A comprehensive introduction to the amazing world of coding, this fun school holiday workshop takes you on an exploration of how code is used in robotics, animations and video games.
The perfect starter course, it gives students a solid understanding of coding and is a great taster for them to then decide what areas they would like to explore further.
Duration: This is a 3 day workshop.
This workshop is suitable for students aged 9-12 years.
What students will learn
This course covers content including:
Starting with basic coding principles, students explore robotics using Ozobot, the line-following programmable robot. Students learn how to code and program the robots to dance and move to complete a series of fun challenges.
Day two introduces students to coding animations. Students learn to create their own moving GIFs and progress to stop-motion animation.
Finally, students discover how to code and develop their own basic video game. Using the latest software, students brainstorm story lines and character development before coding their very own game.
What will students take home
- A copy of any cheat sheets or references
- A copy of any files or assets
- A fantastic creative-tech experience
- A Firetech Certificate
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 9 and 12 at start of course
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.