On this course – brand new for summer 2020 – kids in years 5 and 6 will be introduced to Python, the programming language that tech behemoths like Instagram, Pinterest and Spotify are all built on.
Coding Club with Python (Year 5 - 6)
In this course – brand new for summer 2020 – kids in years 5 and 6 will be introduced to Python, the programming language that tech behemoths like Instagram, Pinterest and Spotify are all built on.
Led by our tech-savvy instructors, the students will be taught key programming implementations and how to apply them in exciting ways.
Our Senior Python Courses focus on the implementation and creation of python code using the Python programming environment that real world industry professionals use. Students will be taught key aspects of programming literacy, from importing coding libraries to creating their own data structures in code.
Challenging, interactive, and lots of fun, this course helps to unlock the world of programming for young people, sparking an interest that makes them want to keep on exploring it!
What students will learn
- Introduction to Coding principles
- Introduction to common Python programming environments
- Core Coding Principles including Variables, loops, if statements, classes and functions
- Create and interact with common data structures
- Import and use third-party libraries to add powerful new features including graphical components
- Programming Design Patterns and how to make reusable code
- Equip students to debug their code and work out how to help themselves when they run into problems
What will students take home
- A Fantastic Tech Coding Experiece
- A Fire Tech Certificate
- Any cheat sheets or handouts
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 10 and 12 at start of course
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.