On this course – brand new for 2020 – kids from Pre-Primary to Year 2 will be introduced to Python, the programming language that tech behemoths like Instagram, Pinterest and Spotify are all built on.
Coding Club with Python (PP-Year 2)
On this course – brand new for 2020 – kids in from Pre-primary to Year 2 will be introduced to Python, the programming language that tech behemoths like Instagram, Pinterest and Spotify are all built on.
Led by our tech-savy instructors, the students will be taught key programming concepts and how to apply them in exciting ways.
Our Junior Courses focus on the structure and logic behind Python, teaching key programming concepts and structures using the popular block-based coding approach.
Challenging, interactive, and lots of fun, this course helps to unlock the world of programming for young people, sparking an interest that will make them want to keep on exploring it.
What students will learn
- Introduction to Core Coding Principles including Variables, loops, if statements, and functions
- Create and interact with common data structures
- Import and use third-party libraries to add powerful new features including graphical components
- Programming Design Patterns and how to make reusable code
- Equip students to debug their code and work out how to help themselves when they run into problems.
What will students take home
- A copy of any cheat sheets or references
- A Fantastic Tech Coding Experiece
- A Fire Tech Certificate
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 6 and 8 at start of course
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.