Get started in 3D Game Development with Unity, the most popular tool among game developers. Students develop 3D characters and environments to create interactive experiences.
3D Game Development with Unity
Course Length: 2 Days Course or 5 Days Bootcamp
Delivery format: Remote Learning – Live Teaching in small groups (max 8)
Suitable for: Age 12 – 17
Pre-requisites: No prior experience required
System Requirements: Windows system required – check out Unity’s system requirements here
Day Structure: 4 x 45 Minute Sessions, with 15 Minute Breaks & 45 Minutes for Lunch
3D Game Design combines creative 3D interactivity with the technical skills to engineer cleverly structured code.
Fire Tech’s 3D Games Development workshop uses Unity 3D, a popular and powerful Game Engine used by tertiary students and industry professionals to create and publish 2D and 3D games.
Specialist tutors will guide you through all the basics of C# programming language (which drives the platform), how to navigate the Unity interface and a step-by-step guide to creating a pre-designed 3D game.
Fire Tech utilises a unique mix of left and right brain thinking to construct our games, and discuss the science and theory behind bestselling 3D games.
While this is a beginners course, Fire Tech’s ‘back-to-basics’ approach means many students participate in this holiday workshop more than once to refresh and reinforce their skills, taking advantage of our structured, projects and individual support from tutors.
- Online Courses are delivered by a live video online classroom environment.
- Students will be able to share notes, access take home activities and liaise with the tutor via online chat.
- All our online classroom environments have strict security and are moderated live to ensure a safe learning environment for your child.
- System requirements apply – check out our guide here
What students will learn
This holiday workshop covers content including:
- Navigate and design in a 3D Environment
- Import and modify game assets
- Moving and animate players + game camera
- Program with rules and behaviours to create a simple AI
- Develop a scoreboard: assign points and create a win/fail event to end the game
- Add background music, sound effects, image effects/textures, and lighting control
- Exporting in different game formats, and publish online.
Students can also download Unity at home keep developing their new technical knowledge after the workshop ends!
What will students take home
- A copy of any cheat sheets or references
- A Fire Tech Certificate
- Brand new ideas and experience
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 12 and 17 at start of course
- Must bring own laptop (or rent one from us)
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.