Learn to design and implement applications for all mobile devices. One of our original courses, back by popular demand! Topics covered include: UX (User Experience), application structure, network, database, video, multi-touch in applications, app design for multi-touch screens, and usability testing. Please note that this is not a games design course - games designers should sign up for our Video Game Design class.
The camp covers the hands-on practical aspects of developing a mobile app including the following key topics:
- UX: setting up and designing a user interface
- Wireframing: Paper App
- Building and coding your app with AppShed and Blockly
- Interactivity with Blockly programming
- Testing the application: Break your App
- Publish: That's a Wrap!
Your app will be available to download on any smartphone (including iPhone and Android phones) and any tablet. Content-based apps work particularly well - integrating the phone's sensors and cameras are not part of this app-making course. This course is great for creative types just getting started with creating technology, and for students with a specific content-driven app idea. Successful previous apps have included:
- Revising apps including quizzes
- Apps to share information between friends or schoolmates, e.g. team practice schedules, lunch menus, homework, fan information.
- Minecraft expert-user reference apps
- Interactive quiz apps
- Location apps for visitors and tourists
- Apps about science, sports teams, history... your imagination is the only limit!
Please note: All listed prices do not include discounts and promotions.
These will be applied at checkout.